quinta-feira, junho 9

Day 43.

Today I didn’t stop, I just kept going. I found myself repeating the road I used to do so many times before. Unfortunately, I don’t do it anymore.
My steps were like baby steps, very slowly, so the moment wouldn’t have to pass. But it passed anyway.
I walked in on that place that was still so familiar to me. Nothing has changed. The scent was the same, exactly as I thought it would be. That’s a good thing. It means this is fresh, recent (even though it has been like years for me) and I can still imagine it myself.
And it happened...
I stopped for a minute, just to mentally take the picture of that place and take it with me. And suddenly, I couldn’t move, I couldn’t breathe. I felt my body paralyzed, stuck.
I just wanted to stay there for a while. So I stayed. I stayed there, looking for you, as if it were possible. And when I realized you were not there and you wouldn’t going to be anymore, the tears came. I miss you so much it hurts.
I ended up leaving. There’s nothing there. Not anymore. Except, a part of me stayed on that place, with you. And that’s OK, it really is, because that’s my only proof that this was real, that you were too.
I know I can't live on the past. But that's all I have now. Memories...

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário